Webinar: Engagement by Design: Creating a Virtual Learning Environment Where Students Thrive
Engagement by Design: Creating a Virtual Learning Environment Where Students Thrive
May 13, 2020 • Dr. Doug Fisher, Professor of Educational Leadership, San Diego State University
Every teacher wants engaged students. No student wants to be bored. So why isn’t every learning environment teeming with discussion and activity centered on the day’s learning expectations?
In this edWebinar, Doug Fisher will discuss a framework for making daily improvements in engaging your students, highlighting opportunities that offer the greatest benefit in the least amount of time. Participants will learn how focusing on relationships, clarity, and challenge can make all the difference in forging a real connection with students.
Participants will learn about:
- How getting to know each student a little better can fundamentally change the classroom dynamics—and how to do that
- What it means to be an “intentionally inviting” teacher, and how it gives you an advantage in creating an environment conducive to learning
- How to bring more clarity to key aspects of your work—and how it can reap substantial rewards for you and your students
- How opening the culture to student voice—listening to students—is linked to academic motivation, and how to use it to shape your day-to-day planning
- The best ways to increase learning for your students, boosting the proportional value of their school year